Thursday, August 11, 2011

Should I try writing stuff ?

I might be just having some kind of psychiatric episode (I am in a fairly odd mood today), but it has occurred to me that I might have a story or two to write.  More specifically I've been reminded recently of the whole "10 minute play" concept and one or two ideas have been rumbling around in my head which might work quite well in that context.


One is a recurring family conversation, which I think might be interesting to re-tell as a kind of collision between memory, event and psychiatric session.


The other would be a fleshing out of an improvisation exercise from class a couple of weeks ago.  The idea that occurred to me at the time produced a more interesting little story than I expected, and I think it might be fun to see where the conversation went if it were a little longer and had a little more direction.


I've never really thought of myself as a writer in this sense, and I don't know how I'd feel about having someone else perform stuff that I was, in a way, writing for myself.  But if I managed to go through with it, particularly to the extent of getting it accepted for performance somewhere, it could be a very interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment